NSD's student technology policy offers 1:1 device assignments: Chromebooks for every student in grades 2-12 to carry between home and school; iPads for all Kindergarten and 1st-grade students for use in the classroom. K-1 iPads will only go home in the case of a quarantine learning situation.
To access your parent Clever or Schoology account, visit THIS page.
For more information on technology use in the Northshore School District, visit THIS page.
For device support, malfunction or damage, follow THIS LINK to request help.
Remember these safety rules while on the Internet
- Do not give out personal information online.
- Do not send or receive any emails.
- Do not share your passwords with others.
- Do not sign-up for any website clubs at school.
- Do not download anything without permission.
- Do not visit inappropriate sites.
If you have any questions or concerns about a website please talk to a teacher or parent.
Chromebook Use Best Practice
- Your Chromebook is your responsibility.
- Use your Chromebook for school work only.
- Remember to charge your Chromebook every night.
- Always use the charger provided for you by the district to charge your Chromebook.
- Store your Chromebook and charger in its bag when not in use.
- Charge your Chromebook when the battery goes below 20%.
- Do not use your Chromebook while it is charging.
- Always use the touchscreen with clean hands.
- Keep food and drinks away from the Chromebook.
- Close all tabs that are not in use anymore.
- Restart your Chromebook at least once a week.
- If you run into any issue with your Chromebook inform your class teacher or bring your device to Mrs. Bains
Links to websites commonly used by our students are available below.
TypingClub.com is an online program used at school to teach keyboarding skills. Learning to touch type helps students be more productive and better prepares them for success in school and beyond. Students can login with their NSD google accounts.
On , Hollywood-hill.typingclub.com your child can practice and master the keyboard one lesson at a time. It allows them to pick up where they left off in the course and displays a keyboard and hand diagram as they type to reinforce proper finger placement.
Your child has his/her own individual account on Typing Club. S/he can access Hollywood-hill.typingclub.com. from their assigned chromebooks.
Logging information from Home:
Students will log in to Hollywood-hill.typingclub.com from clever and should login using google sign in. Please contact your teacher at Hollywood Hill Elementary if your child is not able to login.