While Northshore is currently providing free meals, this support is made possible by temporary USDA funding. If this funding changes, the District may be required to charge families based on their current eligibility for meals. Have you applied for free and reduced-price meals this year?
If your family qualified last year, you need to reapply this year to ensure that your student receives free or reduced price meals once the current free meals program ends. It is important to apply today so that your eligibility status doesn’t lapse. If an application is not in process for a returning student by October 14, 2020, the student’s account will automatically be transferred to a paid account on the next school day. Please know that the number of eligible students for free and reduced price meals connects to the District’s Title I funding, which provides additional support at schools to help students succeed.
Additionally, if your family income has decreased, you may be eligible for free or reduced-price school meals.
In addition to receiving free or reduced-price meals, your eligibility also provides:
- Reduced fee for Camp Cedar Springs
- Reduced fee for PSAT and Advanced Placement Testing
- Reduced fee for sports/athletics
- Reduced fee for summer school
- Access to Backpack Program, which provides backpacks and school supplies
- Access to Operation School Bell, which provides clothes and personal products
To find out if you are eligible and to apply online visit our Food Services page.