Parking & Transportation
Due to narrow and hilly road conditions and poor visibility riding bicycles to and from school is not considered safe and is not allowed. Skateboarding, skates, scooters, and roller blades are prohibited on school grounds because of the damage they cause to our curbs and sidewalks.
The majority of our students ride the school bus. From a safety standpoint, proper behavior must be adhered to at the bus stop and during the bus ride. Students are expected to obey the bus driver’s directions and follow all bus rules (distributed the first week of school). Failure to do so will result in the driver issuing a “bus ticket” and may lead to loss of bus riding privileges. Parents will be notified by the transportation department of the infractions and consequences. Your help in keeping us informed of behavior contributing to unsafe conditions is appreciated. Please note that using electronic devices such as phones, iPods, game devices, etc. are not allowed on the bus or at school. Cell phones must be kept turned off and inside backpacks and only used when the student is off campus and off the bus.
Changing after school plans
In the event you need to change your child’s after-school plans, please send a written note for the teacher. When we have substitute teachers, emails are not seen and messages are not received.
If your child is to get off at a different bus stop or ride a different bus, they must have a bus pass. Bus passes are not given out the first 30 days of the school year. After 30 days, the transportation department will determine if there is space available for students to get a bus pass and ride a bus other than their own. If you would like a bus pass for your child, send a note with your child to bring to the office stating the date and name of the student they wish their child to ride home with. The office will determine if a bus pass is allowed and if so, will write a pass for the student to give to the bus driver. Please note: All bus passes must be obtained prior to 2:00 p.m. There are often a limited number of passes allowed per day and some buses do not allow passes at all. Scout meetings, birthday parties, or other regular
transportation changes need to be arranged through the school district transportation department (425-408-7900).
Traffic flow procedures
When driving students to and from Hollywood Hill: Enter the front entrance parking lot slowly. Enter the loading zone (between the cross walk and end of the yellow zone) to drop off/pick up children. Carefully circle around to the left to exit and yield to busses.
· Follow the directions of the staff in the loading/unloading zone.
· Have students enter/exit cars from the right (curb) side only.
· Drop students off and pick them up in the marked loading zone only.
· Use the crosswalk. Always accompany children crossing to parked cars.
· Have students wait on the sidewalk until the car has stopped for pick up.
· Use extreme caution on campus; speed limit is 5 mph. Be aware of pedestrians.
· Yield to busses and give them the space needed to get onto campus.
Please DO NOT:
· Drop off or pick up students outside of the loading zone.
· Drop off or pick up in the back parking lot or other non-supervised areas such as the flagpole area or behind the library.
· Leave car unattended in the loading zone.
· Park in the fire lane or block the neighborhood houses’ driveways.
· Drive the wrong way into the oncoming traffic lanes on school property.
Before school supervision.
The playground is supervised for 15 minutes prior to the start of school. Upon arrival, students should go to their classroom lines to drop off backpacks and then go straight to the playground. Any student arriving after school starts must report to the office for a tardy slip.
After school guidelines. Please follow these guidelines:
· Buses: Teachers walk their students to the bus loading zone to join their bus line. Quiet voices and appropriate behavior are expected while waiting in the bus line.
· Parent Pick-up: Teachers walk their students to the loading zone in front of the school. Staff call for students as their cars pull to the front of the pick-up line. Parents waiting in cars must not block the school entrance or the road in front of the school.
· Walkers: Students walking home are to leave the school grounds immediately upon school dismissal